Allowing both the creation (from Image file formats, Image Scanners/Web CAMS and text files etc) and manipulation of Adobe compatible PDF files, PDF-Tools is an ideal tool to compliment your existing PDF creation application or as a 'stand alone' tool in it's own right! And PDF-Tools requires no additional 'plug-ins' or applications such as Adobe Acrobat or Distiller.
- Over 20 available Standard Batch Process Tools that can be cloned and tailored to meet users specific requirements.
- Create Custom Batch Process Tools from almost any of the available actions.
- Convert Files to PDFs - Easily converts files with supported formats (raster or vector images, text files, MS-Office documents, XPS files, etc.) to PDF
- Create PDF from Images - Create a single PDF document from one or more raster images
- Create PDF from Text - Create a PDF document from one or more text files.
- Scan to PDF - Create new PDF documents directly from your scanner
- Split/Merge PDFs - Combines multiple PDFs into one PDF or splits them to new PDFs, automatically and/or manually.
- Add/Remove Bates Numbering - Provides Bates numbering for indexing legal documents, for easy identification and retrieval
- Add/Remove Header and Footer - Adds a header and/or footer to PDF pages that may include a date, automatic page numbering, title, author, etc.
- Add/Remove Pages Background - Sets solid or graphic background behind existing page content and removes custom backgrounds and restores to solid-white
- Add/Remove Watermarks - Adds/Removes text or an image that appears either in front of or behind existing page content
- Convert to PDF/A - Converts PDF documents to PDF/A compliant standard for long-term archiving and preservation needs.
- Crop Pages - Adjusts the visible page area, changes or removes white margins on pages, sets page boxes.
- Resize Pages - Increases or reduces size of pages, scales page content optionally.
- Rotate Pages - Rotates specified pages 90 degrees clockwise or counterclockwise in PDF document.
- Extract Pages - Extracts specified page range from PDF document to a new document.
- Extract Images from PDF - Scans PDF files for raster images contained in document content to extract and save them to image files
- OCR Pages - Optically recognizes text characters in a PDF document, creates selectable and searchable text layer on pages.
- Optimize PDF - Optimizes the document content to reduce the size of a PDF file, where possible.
- Export PDF to Images - Exports pages from one or more PDFs to different raster image formats including JPEG, PNG, TIFF, etc.
- Change Document Properties - Sets document properties: title, author, subject, keywords, etc.
- Password Secure PDF - Protects PDF documents by setting password for opening and/or changing contents of the document.
- Add Digital Signature - Adds new signature field to PDFs and signs them using a certificate-based digital ID.
- Clear Digital Signatures - Removes all digital signatures, if possible, leaving unsigned signature fields.
- Timestamp PDFs - Adds a time stamp from an authorized server that establishes the exact contents of the complete PDF file at the time the stamp is applied.
- Certify PDFs - Secures a PDF documents by certifying it with a particular type of signature field called a certified signature.
- Windows XP > Windows 10
- All the features available in the licensed PDF-XChange Editor & PDF-XChange Lite products.
(please note: PDF-XChange Editor is available for Windows XP and later only.)
- and much more !!!